This'll have to do until new templates for 1.2.2 are released.
It's still possible to modify the max level of a unit in order to evolve it through Game Hacker.
For this example I will be using Zelnite 5*
1) Find unit's base stats (at level 1, ie 3441, 1264, 1206,1212)
2) Search through game hacker in the following format: HP,ATK,Def,Rec (ie 3441,1264,1206,1212)
3) Select CB search type (tap on settings to the right)
4) Effectuate the search
5) Long tap the HP stat that you find in results (ie 3441) and tap "Nearby Memory List"
6) Input the unit's max level (ie 80) in the search. (Should show up as 22.214.171.124, possible to have more than 1 result. If so, keep trying the following steps until you find the right one)
7) Value edition --> change to your units CURRENT level
8) Minimize Game Hacker and evolve said unit
Hope this helps anyone in a bind